Klausmobile Tube Tester Files
Sovtek 09/2000, 4 hour burn-in. Unusually good for a recent make! Of the many EV grade marked tubes, this one is the only qualifying for this suffix. That is, double-layered mica disks, a third mica disk above them, oversized vertical posts and an oversized getter dish suspended on two posts. Apart from this - the structure is similar to 6N6P, yet 6N30P seems to have a thicker cathode-grid assembly (hiding heavier vertical posts inside).
|Standard specifications per each triode|
1. Uheater=6.3V - triode #1
2. Uheater=5.0V - triode #1
3. Close look at standard operating point - triode #1 (White) and #2 (Black) comparison
Note: the shallower 'saturating' slope at the upper end of some curves is caused by my hardware current limits. Just disregard it.
4. Normal 6.3V heater, medium current (8mA) operation
5. And the most peculiar - low current, VERY VERY low voltage capability. Check the Rp numbers below, however!
6. Compare with 6N6P - note that 6N30P is more linear at lower currents, so the B+ is utilized better at large output swing. It can work at lesser plate voltage than 6N6P (from 50V at full 40mA current vs. 70V). However, be careful - 6N30P grid current surges earlier (-0.5V vs. +0.5V for 6N6P).
7. And a few Gm/Mu/Rp measurements for standard heater voltage
Legend: White curves: Ig<5uA Yellow: 5<Ig<20uA Red: 20<Ig<300uA. Measurements terminate at Ig>300uA
English Home - Russian Home - English Tube List - Russian Tube List - Mail (c) klausmobile 2001